Mecha Design House

P1130532

So you guys already knew I was at the Mecha Design House's event last last weekend. And it was quite a blast for me. Don't ask me why this entry is so delayed again ToT

 P1130492

P1130494

Joined the cosplay workshop on Saturday and learnt costuming tricks from the Japanese cosplayers; Takasou and Darknight. Just in case you don't know, they were one of the japanese team from 2007 world cosplay summit.

In the workshop, Takasou and Darknight san demonstrated the making of Lelouch's helmet. Which you see me wearing very enthusiastically below. Erm, okay, you can't tell that I'm enthu because you can't see my face xDD

180920102237  180920102209


I am not a mecha fan and the only mecha series I watched was Gwing. But even I got very excited when I saw the sheer awesomeness of their costumes! We even had the chance to wear shinji's plug suit!!

180920102215 180920101181 180920101180


I've always dreamed of cosplaying Rei because of her cool and sexy image. But never got the guts and motivation to do it. I guess this helps make up for it xD It was a pity we didn't managed to get any hands on session due to some issues (SCC was afraid we might trigger the sprinklers ). But the main crux of the workshop was using heat and foam to sculpt the base then using a fabric cover on top. Won't go into the details here otherwise I'll be spoiling the market xD But I think its very obvious already @.@ If you want to learn more, send an email to SCC and get them to bring them back again xD

180920102197
Sadly, I missed the session with Goldy where the participants actually had hand-on. But I guess there's always a next time =) Pimping some photo goodness for your guys to feel bad about not joining xD

180920102203180920102202

Takasou san showing us her automail. Check out toe details omfggggg!!

180920102189 
Darknight san was really funny when he got into costume. For most part of the workshop, it was Takasou san speaking as her command of english was better. And darknight san just kept quiet and did his stuff. But when he got into his eva suit, he started playing with kids, fake drinking from bottles and just plain being funny.

 

Mechas need to drink too!image

Maria and I gave them mooncakea and lanterns as a souvenir. Which they started sparring with, LOLZ. Oii, oii, that’s not how you use lanterns yo xD

P1130542

 
We ended the evening by having dinner and then going to..... Night Safari homg! We chatted a lot about our views of cosplay, the difference in our cosplay cultures and many other things that only real cosplayers can talk about. It was really nice to be able to learn and interact so much with a cosplayer from another country. And we really appreciate the chance , much thanks to SCC for organising these workshops for free! I'm already looking forward to the next one ^_^!

Ending this entry with some photographs of the exhibits and other random stuffs I think you guys will like xD

 

P1130528 P1130530 P1130509 P1130525 P1130524 P1130523 P1130518  P1130495 P1130522

180920102232180920102233

The finger structure of the evangelion suit! Awesome work there. This design works so well he can hold things without much assistance.

 180920102238 180920102243 180920102245 180920102249 180920102255 180920102253 180920102251 180920102250

Kawaii kids xD I think the grandfather had more fun than his grandchildren xD

Comments

maria_tachi said…
It was really such much fun and our weekends are really so happening with them!!!~

Really enjoyed beri much!~
allkhe said…
That automail is the awesome o.0 I wish my prop making was that that level, the details on the automail are INSANE.

'many other things that only real cosplayers can talk about.'

This sentence made me curious as to what's your definition of 'real' cosplayers? Do you mean cosplayers who have achieved a certain level of skill or something like that? I'm sorry if this seemed kind of rude to be asking that though!
jactinglim said…
wow the finishing is just gorgeous! I'm almost regretting not being able to attend the workshops XD
waninoko said…
"I am not a mecha fan and the only mecha series I watched was Gwing."
I'm totally the same with you! although I did cosplay 2-3 mecha characters, Gwing is my ONLY anime that I fully followed. XD

btw, your HD performance video how am I gonna pass u? D=
maria: Yeah hope they enjoyed it too =)

Alkhe: Yesss I was SO blown away by the automail *_* The finishing on the Eva suit and the mecha was awesome too.

And now that you pointed out,I realise that sentence might come across as kinda haughty =\.

Actually I just meant people who really cosplays because they like the series (And not to model or wadever reasons), make the effort to get their own wig and costumes and have really been involved in this hobby and community for some time. Long enough to uncover the quirks and stuffs.

I just feel there's a big difference in the conversational topic of a cosplayer to cosplayer compared to a say, interviewer to a cosplayer.

I've always felt the questions interviewer (as far as I've seen)
ask the cosplayers are very dull to a cosplayer. Not sure if I'm making sense.


JAc; You should have come xD

Waninoko: GWING!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can burn the HD video =X JK lah. I also duno how you pass me hahha.... msn? XD
Takasou said…
Hello again!
I am takasou. Thank you so much for enjoy.
This workshop was the first challenge for us.I thought very much to have you please.
I show technique if there is my next chance.

and...Thank you so much, I am very happy. Night Safari...is my very valuable experience.I was able to talk with you. I am real, and it is thanks!!
Laurie said…
Sugoi! I wish I could have been there. I hope some organizers could also invite them to the Philippines. ^ ^ That was a very cool Lancelot XD
Takasou: HELLO Takasou san ^_^! Really nice of you to drop by and leave a comment. I really enjoyed the workshop and Night Safari. I really enjoyed it too ^_^!!!

Laurie: yes, you should totally go check out their WCS 2007 performance on YT XDD!
waninoko said…
kaika its 655Mb, i doubt my connection wont fail during the transfer... D= i think i burn 1 for u, then see which event can pass to u ba. =) are you coming for Comic Fiesta?
Laurie said…
Waah I didn't know they manage cosplaykobo website...I remember stumbling on that website then forgot to bookmark and I am so glad to find the link again XD

Popular Posts