Sword Art Online Photoshoot


I don’t cross-dress very often but only because I often feel I will do the character injustice and because I’m too lazy to make costumes hahaha. But by buying costumes, I feel like I am now more able to expand my cosplay genres and focus on enjoying ‘character-playing’. I’ve been wanting to cosplay Kirito since I first caught Sword Art Online. It’s a pity the story went downhill after the first arc but you have to agree with me, Kirito was mighty kakoii (and too much of an overkill LOL) !


So after delaying this for a few years, I finally got the chance to cosplay Kirito. I was finally able to push this cosplay to fruition thanks to Yuanie who generously lent me both of Kirito’s swords. The swords really had me procrastinating ^_^;  Sadly I don’t have an Asuna but oh well, you can’t always have what you want! Super thanks to Nik the photographer and Amelia for helping me so much through out the day.





_NIK0928_edit2


Kirito: Kaika/ Elpheal
Photo: Nik
Assistance: Amelia
Edit: Kaika/Elpheal






One of the hardest part about this shoot was finding the right place to shoot SAO. Unfortunately there’s no floating castle in Singapore so we went with a fortress/ castle vibe instead.  Since it was a solo photo shoot, the only thing we could do were basically poser-like shots.


_NIK0899_edit2



But because I really wanted my photos to reflect the action of the series and the character, we had to make the photographs more dynamic; that means a lot of cape flinging hahaha. Pretty much every pose here, has been taken up to 10 times each, minimally *sweats*. Any cosplayer who has done similar shoots before will understand the agony. The time your cape floats beautifully is the instant your eyes closes or your sword/accessories/props goes out of frame. It's difficult to achieve a good photo but the outcome can be very satisfying especially when a lot of people put in the effort to make everything come together.


12712605_10153008597077255_1734674932_n




Amelia took this gif when I was twirling around to create an action shot haha. Please excuse the beige ballet flats here xD.




_NIK0989_edit2


_NIK0997 edit2
_NIK1030_edit

A quiet moment in Aincrad. 


_NIK1062_edit


_NIK1034_edit


_NIK1074_edit


I hope you guys enjoyed the photographs! We had a lot of fun creating them ! LEave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Comments

exalt said…
The swords look very cool. Could I ask where was the location? Rare to see such kind of sights in Singapore.
arelistica said…
Kyahhh! Nice!! :3 your Kirito looks awesome~
Hoshi said…
Hello, I'm a cosplay lover but quite amateur. This blog is very interesting and good for the beginners, I wanna know if I can translate this article into Spanish and reblog it in the

official blog of cosplaysky.es , now I'm trying to making cosplay costumes ;)
@Exalt : Fort Canning

@Meganekko : Thanks >///<

@Hoshi : I don't think there is a need to translate this article into another language as it is not a tutorial> This is a photo sharing blog entry. I do not permit using of TheCosplayChronicle's contents (Photos, videos, blog articles) anywhere else unless it is a redirected link (like a facebook link share). Thank you for your understanding
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
Wow, so cool !!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts