How to make: Elsa’s (Frozen) sparkly shoes!

I first cosplayed Elsa more than a year ago in a private photoshoot with my friend Yuanie, cosplaying as Jack Frost. Since it was a photoshoot, I unabashedly decided to cut some corners and left out crafting her shoes. I playfully decided to bring the costume to Singapore Toy Games & Comic Convention this year and it dawned upon me that a sparkly pair of Elsa shoes had to be made!

Especially since I needed to run around the halls to catch Cosermons (watch the hilarious video here!), there was no way I could hide my legs under the gown without feeling a deep sense of “shame” haha  8D.

How I made Elsa’s costume: LINK


DSC_7887_副本

I started the project feeling really lost but I eventually found a way that was not only easy but relatively cheap (dependent on the cost of the heels) too! I filmed my crafting process and have put them into a tutorial video for your convenience. Hope someone finds it useful!


edit3 
A shot by Faizul during STGCC2016!


Tools & Materials needed:

  1. Silver pleather
  2. Silver shoes
  3. Double sided tape
  4. Masking tape (or you can substitute it with hard interfacing)
  5. Mod Podge
  6. Blue & Sliver glitter
  7. Scissor
  8. Scrap papers


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think ^_^

Comments

Unknown said…
Amazing ! Thank you soooooooooo much for your sharing ! My girlfriend loves it very much ! She is going to make Elsa shoes herself and get her favorite Elsa Snow Queen Cosplay Dress from Vcosplay.com to prepare her Elsa cosplay in a upcoming party. She will be the best Queen soon !

Popular Posts