Photoshoot : Chrno Crusade

I’m sorry for the lack of updates in this blog, I’ve just been so engrossed with life and kdramas hahaha.


I had the chance to finally cosplay this old series last october. Can you believe this cosplan has been 6 years in the making?! Yes, Zephyus and I were intending to debut it at AFA 2010 – the year we represented Singapore to take part in the AFA Regional Cosplay Competition. Can’t believe how fast time flew! We didn’t eventually managed to finish our costumes and things just kept dragging since everyone was busy. I must admit I was surprised we even managed to have the shoot done haha.


Most of my costume was made in 2010 with exception of the headdress, gun, pouch, gloves and shoes. Darn am I glad my fabric lasted so well! Special thanks to Nik for the lovely photographs and Sara for being our angel helper!  Of course, the shoot wouldn’t be possible without my Chrno so major thanks to Zephyus for going along with the cosplay ^_^


_NIK6810_k2

Rosette Christopher: Kaika/ The Cosplay Chronicles
Chrno: Zephyus 
Photo: Nik 
Edit: Kaika 
Assistance: Sara


Since we were shooting in a park of sort, the mosquitoes there were merciless. With my exposed thighs , I was like bait meat in a tank of sharks. Needless to say, I did not return unscathed.

13754698_1045569345480388_3879484143265490618_n14721458_1122584571112198_2840585997725570841_n

In case anyone’s interested in the decorative armour on my costume, they were done with compressed foam, gold pleather, gold 3D paint and erasers refills. I cut the gold pleather and used it as a base, then I stuck the cut-out compressed foams onto it. Embellished the edges with the 3D paint and stuck little pieces of the erasers as ‘studs’. Finally I spray painted everything and did some rudimentary weathering.


Without further ado, please enjoy the photographs!

***************************



_NIK7001_edit

_NIK7006_zk

_NIK6717_edit

_NIK6743_edit

_NIK6902Z_K

_NIK6774_edit

_NIK6765_k2

_NIK6810_k2

It was nice to finally shoot this old series we’ve been a fan of for so long. It felt like a dream came true even though it was so many years late haha.

I hope you enjoyed the photographs, we invested a lot of effort into it. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Comments

arelistica said…
Idk if it was coincidence, but the other day I was blasting opening and ending songs to the anime series. So sad, even relived the ending of the anime - sniffles - I'm so glad people still remember and adore the series as much as I do :) Great and beautiful pictures! In the past I wanted to cosplay young Chrono (when he first met Rosette) Alas, it never was - things happened and the project along with many were dropped... But you made my day! thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! And I think it's cool to cosplay old series ^_~
Anonymous said…
nice cosplay!

Popular Posts