The first World Wide Cosplayer Photo journey 2010 - 2011 has officially ended. It was a great 1 year and 7 different countries. Scroll down if you're curious about the project!
To make keeping up with the status of this project easy, all the posts and updates will be consolidated here.
For people who are new to this project, scroll down to understand this project.
For those who already know, this is the page for you to keep up with the status of the project. I'm still trying to think of ways to make this project more interactive and easy to handle so please bear with me here and continue to support this project T_T Feel free to comment here and let me know what you think!
Below are links to various blog entries that updates the status of the project.
Entries related to this project:What is WWCPJ?:
- Introduction and participant calling
- First participant announced!
- The project kickstarts and I send the article off!
- 1st destination: Chile!!
- 1st Receiver (Asakura Haruto)'s selecting the 2nd receiver!
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Chile!!
- 2nd Receiver (Hiroky) selecting the 3rd receiver!
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Mexico
- 3rd Receiver (Laurie) selecting the 4th Receiver!
- 4th Receiver confirmed! (Rita Chan from Peru)
- 4th Receiver (Rita) selecting the 5th Receiver (Riko from Malaysia) !
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Brazil !
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Peru !!!
- WWCPJ: 6th receiver selected (Bumbley from canada)!
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Malaysia!!!!
- WWCPJ: The parcel have arrived in Singapore (7th receiver, Inuran)!
- WWCPJ Country Spotlight: Canada!
- The Finale.
I'm sure we've all received chain mails before. This project is something similar but with more fun and minimal maliciousness.
Obviously I’m not gonna send my digital camera out, it is for demo purpose only XD
Then the cosplayer will take a photo of herself/himself/costumes/event/room/figurine collections/ props etc, write/decorate his/her well wishes for 2011 on the scarf and then send it to ANOTHER cosplayer in either another State or Country.
This snail mail link will go on and on until either
1) camera runs out of negatives/battery
2) 2 weeks before Christmas 2010.
The last person will send it back to me and I will post everything here.
Objectives of this project:
- To come together as a global community to give our most sincere well wishes for the year ahead
- To promote and encourage intercontinental interactions between cosplayers
- To promote cross cultural harmony and understanding
- To inject fun and excitement into our lifes!
Rules & Guideline for participants:
Before you put your name up for participation, read the rules and guidelines below. The rules below are designed to help regulate and ensure the success of this project. If you agree to participate, please kindly abide by the rules.
- The mail can stay with any one person for a maximum of 5 days. Meaning, you must take a photo, doodle/decorate the scarf and send it out within 5 days! This is so that as much cosplayers can be involved in the project as possible within the timeframe=)
- Every participant is restricted to only ONE PHOTO. To allow as many cosplayers to be involved as possible, please leave the negatives for the people after you =)
- The person you send your article to must NOT be in the same geographic location as you are. They must either be from a different country or state.
- Participants who are selected, upon receiving the article (with the disposable camera and scarf) MUST EMAIL ME (elpheal (a) Gmail.com) with the following information so I can update the blogloc for the article =).
Your cosplay nickname:
Country & State:
Your website (Deviantart, cure, cosplay.com, blogs etc):
Next receiver’s name & email:
- It is highly encouraged that you communicate with your ‘receiver’ before mailing the article out. Just in case they go on a long holiday or are actually unwilling to take part.
- Please take every reasonable and possible care of the items in the envelope
- There is no limitation to any countries. Everyone is free to join!
- Participants are encouraged(but not mandated) to send small personal gifts of local souvenirs to the next receiver. This is to help promote cultural exchange =)
- Please understand, as this is a non commercial project, shipping fees will have to be undertaken by each individuals
- It is NOT mandatory for you to cosplay in the photo.
- NO blood, gore, violence, pornography or sexually explicit photos to be taken. I won’t publish them if I deem them unfit.
- You can take photo of anything you want other than the above, but is highly encouraged to have some sort of relation to Anime, Manga, Games or Cosplay.